Now that all the boats have been hauled out, it is time to proceed with the harbour and club closing. Many tasks need to be carried out to that effect and we are counting on the presence of all members to get it done this Saturday October 31st, at 8:30 a.m. Don’t forget that sanitary measures must be respected: wear a mask, stay 2 meters away from one another, wash your hands, avoid gatherings.
The grounds chairman, Mr. Gaétan Lapierre, will be responsible for coordination between members and for the execution of work on the grounds.
The following tasks need to be done:
- Rake leaves.
- Clean the grounds everywhere and pick up branches.
- Clean and store BBQs.
- Close the water and empty the water pipes.
- Raise and re-attach water pipes and electric cables to the fences.
- Repair an electric outlet along the fence on the east side.
- Raise the dinghy rack and place it on concrete blocks..
- Fill holes and level the parking in front of the clubhouse with a rake.
Dock captains will be responsible for coordination between members and for the execution of work in the harbour. The following tasks need to be done:
- Remove everything from the docks, including mooring lines.
- Mooring balls must be in winter position.
- Inspect dock chains and mooring ball chains, and replace them if necessary.
- Open water valves and disconnect water pipes from docks.
- Remove gangways and adjust docks, breakwater in winter position.
- Remove sheerleg dock.
- Winterize pump out station.
- Remove racing buoys and harbour buoys.
- Take the race committee boat out.
For your information, the dock captains are:
- Docks A & B: Yvan Monette
- Dock C: Yuri Ondrechak
- Dock D: Gaétan Lebeau
- Dock E: Jean-Claude Morin
- Dock F: Claude Langlois
Lastly, we would like to thank all the members who participated in haul outs. A special shout out to Richard Johnson who acted as signal man for three days and also to Henry Hofmann who was there from beginning to end.
We would also like to congratulate our members who accepted to take their time to follow the training, and made themselves available to operate the new crane during the four haul out days:
- Claude Langlois
- Gaétan Lebeau
- Claude Thivierge
- Jean-Claude Morin
- Yvon Tessier
Thank you for your cooperation,
Your Executive Committee