Here is a new version of the proposed changes to the Club Bylaws. This version contains some additional changes and corrections, in response to the main comments received.
The following list is a summary of the main changes from the version originally submitted. You will also find attached a version showing the tracked changes compared to the previous version.
Summary of changes versus the version sent on September 28:
- Article 4.1: Replacement of the term “classes” by “categories”, for the sake of consistency with Article 3.
- Article 6.1: Clarification of the provisions surrounding the possible suspension and removal of a member for long-term storage of his boat.
- Article 8.3: Addition to prevent two spouses from simultaneously sitting on the Board and modification to avoid redundancy with Article 9.1 concerning the maximum term of office of the Commodore.
- Article 8.19: Modification of the text to avoid any redundancy with Article 4.1.
- Article 9.3: Addition of the responsibility of the grounds to the Rear-Commodore.
- Article 10.8: Addition to ensure that all members of the Board are informed and consulted for any resolution adopted outside a regular meeting.
- Articles 2.2, 3.10 and 5.5: These articles had inadvertently been removed from the document and were therefore added.
An official notice of meeting will be sent to you shortly.
From the members of the Executive Committee