Although our sailing season started late, sadly haul-out preparations must still take place on schedule: Saturday September 21st at 8:00 a.m.
This year however, since most cradles are already in their proper location, in lieu of our regular Cradle Day activities we ask all members to come prepared to help perform the following tasks:
- Cut and/or trim all the grass and weeds in and around all cradles.Members are asked to bring whatever garden tools required to help make this task quicker and more efficient. (Rakes, cutters, weed eaters, work gloves, etc.)
- All members are asked to please make sure their cradle or trailer is properly identified with their membership number. Please make sure it is with durable contrasting paint colour and clearly visible. Please consult the “how to” chart posted on the club house bulletin board for proper location.
Other projects planned for Cradle Day:
- Brush the rust off and paint the cross members on yellow trailer
- Resurface yellow trailer with new wood that will be delivered on time
- Relocate 2 cradles that are currently in the For Sale area
- Lower mast on Eole
- Relocate two boats to the For Sale area
- Relocate short gangway on wall to the storage area
Our Grounds Chairman will most likely have other tasks to complete as well, such as:
- General yard clean-up
- Replace burnt-out bulbs on Dock A and Dock E light standards
- Spread gravel where needed
With everyone’s participation, I am convinced the above work and projects should not take very long and hopefully give members the chance to go enjoy some sailing time.