Art de Vries Memorial Cup andClub’s Annual Celebration Day
The Labour Day long weekend is fast approaching and with it comes one of the most important events for members and friends of IPYC. We carry on with a tradition going back more than 55 years with a sailing event (race) that now also honors our departed friend Art de Vries and his contribution to sailing and to our club.
This day is also meant to celebrate and acknowledge the achievements that have been realized through the participation and involvement of club members over the last 55 years.
In order to make the race more accessible for everyone and give everyone a chance to win, several starts take place every 5 minutes starting at 12PM. Each participant is given a starting time based on their boat’s speed and racing experience.
As for more recent editions, we will combine the traditional race with the club’s annual party! Games for kids, music and a bonfire are on the program, in compliance with public health guidelines!
If for some reason you do not wish to participate in the race, you are encouraged to make this day a memorable one, by volunteering to help organize the race or party. Please let us know when registering so that we can coordinate accordingly.
- There will be a skippers’ meeting on the deck of our clubhouse beginning at 10:30AM.
- Each participating sailboat/skipper will be assigned a starting time.
- The first boats will be starting at approximately 12:00PM and the last boats approximately 60 minutes later.
- There will be a BBQ after the race (hamburgers, hot dogs and corn roast).
- IPYC / BDYC members participating in the race, crew and volunteers: Free!
- IPYC / BDYC members not participating in the race and guests: $ 5 per person.
Deadline to register for the BBQ: Wednesday September 1st
We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, September 5th 2021 at IPYC and/or on the water.
Leave a Comment